On a Goodreads group, there is a weekly meme held by three fellow book bloggers, Jillian, Larkin and Britt in which they choose a particular book to focus on for the month, with weekly discussions and a review of the book at the end. August is Harry Potter Month, and this weeks topic is:
10 Things I Like About Harry Potter: Name 10 things you like about any of the books in the series. You’re not limited to a particular book. You can choose whatever you want from any book. It’s completely up to you. This category is wide open, but here’s a few ideas: favorite characters, spells, magical items, plot twists, villains, etc. You can do whatever you want with this.
Hmmm…this is very hard. There are so many good things about Harry Potter it’s hard to choose…not only that, but it’s been a while since I last read the series. But, here are the 10 things that I love about the Harry Potter series (in no particular order):
P.S. Beware for a lot of Harry Potter gifs…
- Quidditch. I love quidditch! Like how cool is it to fly on a broom and either hit things, catch things, or throw things, as well as zip through the air really fast, with the wind going through your hair….WHY CAN’T WE HAVE FLYING BROOMS IN REAL LIFE GUYS. I don’t play sport, but if quidditch existed, I would definitely be playing this.
- Apparating. As you can see, I just love the new modes of transport in the wizarding world (probably not floo powder, too messy). I would be exactly like the Weasley twins on this, apparating from my bedroom to the pantry quite often – remember, time is galleons.
- BUTTERBEER (and all the other mystical fun food that comes with the wizarding world. Chocolate frogs, fizzing whizzbees, bertie bot’s every flavour beans just to name a few.
- Luna Lovegood. I just love her character, the quirkiness and weirdness. I wish I had a friend like her. She is able to open your eyes up to things that most people don’t think of, as she sees the world in a totally unique perspective. Plus, she’s a fellow Ravenclaw 😀
- Owl Mail. I love this one, as you can send something whenever you want, as well as reiceve anything you want whatever day of the week. THAT MEAN’S I CAN RECIEVE BOOKS ON WEEKENDS. ^_^ Plus, I would love to have a pet owl myself. They seem pretty cool.Tbh, my owl would probably end up like Errol over here.
- Snape and Lily, and maybe just Snape as a person. I loved how he turned from this annoying teacher with a grudge against Harry, to someone that is a double agent for the Dark Lord and Dumbledore to someone that wishes Harry was his own son, and is the mysterious half-blood prince.
- Accio! Honestly, this would be a life saver for me, as I am always forgetting where I put things (especially my phone…).
- Hagrid! If you don’t like Hagrid, I don’t know what is wrong with you. He’s just an awesome person, and almost like that cool uncle of Harry, Ron and Hermione. I just love him.
- Dumbledore’s Army. I personally loved this, as it was a secret organisation with a secret hideout where you learnt to be badass…where you got to learn stuff without teachers, in your own way and most importantly, with your friends.
- The main trio – Harry, Ron and Hermione. They are like the best trio of friends of any book really. My personal favourite is obviously Hermione, but who doesn’t love her honestly. They remained friends for 30 years, through all those troubles and mishaps, unlike all those other YA books where friendships always (not necessarily always) don’t last *sigh*. But they are amazing, and this series obviously won’t be the same without them.
And there you guys have it – my 10 favourite things about Harry Potter. There are honestly so many things to choose from, and it doesn’t help I love like everything about this series (it will always be in my heart). Comment down below your lists, and feel free to join the group on Goodreads! Link: here
Until next time…